Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Siemens PCS7 - I/O Configuration

We were setting up the DCS for a project. We had problems debugging the communication to the I/O.

Always with any system first thing is to get the I/O talking, scaled and displayed on the screen.

1) We didn't have the end stop module on the end of the stack.
2) The Siemens I/O communcation Manual doesn't have the Profibus Address dip switch configuration. Switches 1-8 set the I/O address. Switch 0?? set to 1 to get it to talk.

3) There are about 10 types of Analog Input modules. each one is addressed different. With a very long part number. Found a xxxxxxxabxxxxx module, when it was configured for xxxxxxxxacxxxxx.

When all three of these items were changed. The busfault light went out. And comm started up.

Time to go Home.

No comments: